Food & Beverages
Fruit juices and alcoholic drinks
Both fruit juices, and alcoholic drinks such as wines, beers, vodka, and rum, may need a purification treatment to obtain their best quality.
Our products effectively remove:
- Organoleptic discrepancies (color, bouquet/odor) in wines as per the applicable Oenological Codex
- Mycotoxins: patulin from apple juice, ochratoxin A from wine and juices
- Traces of pesticides
- Taste and color from beer, to make neutral malt base
The wide variety of treatment goals results in a broad range of NORIT® activated carbon grades being used. Organoleptic properties can be delicate and deserve a careful activated carbon selection. In all cases our consistent quality and food safety are important to create predictable high quality alcoholic drinks and juice products.
Dust-free dosing in wine production is achieved using BENTONORIT® grades: pellets, made of powdered activated carbon and food-grade bentonite clay. Dosed in (aqueous) liquids the pellets rapidly disperse, releasing the activated carbon to perform as a powder.
A few of our main grades for these applications are listed below.
Dust-free dosing grade
BENTONORIT CA 1
- Water dispersible pellets
- High decolorizing capacity
- Activated carbon is from renewable feedstock
Powdered Activated Carbon in bonded form
Color removal grades
NORIT CA 1
- High capacity
- High purity
- Renewable feedstock based